Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Musings from a tired genealogist

One of the things I have learned is that there is NEVER enough time for genealogy research. Maybe that is one of the reasons it is such a hobby for the older generation - they are retired and have more time! If you work 40 hours or more per week, when do you have time to research? Especially if you add kids to the mix.   

Another problem I have that eats up time is that every time I sit down and try to research something, I get sidetracked and end up researching something else entirely. Everyone I talk to has the same problem, so I don't feel so alone. Organization seems to be something else that everyone is missing. Feel free to leave your favorite organization tips in the comments section, I would love to hear them! 

I am considering creating two separate blogs, this one for the discussion of things that pertain to the age dichotomy seen in genealogy; and one to share my research work. What do you all suggest? Mix the two together or keep them separate? 

What do you want to see discussed? How can we make genealogy more relevant to a younger generation? 

I hope you are having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment